Monday, March 25, 2013

Being Still...

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."   Psalm 46:10

I don't know if you are a little like me but I really struggle with this concept of 'being still'!  There are very few quiet spots in my life, very few peaceful times when someone or something is not trying to get my attention.....  but I have really felt the Lord drawing me back to this verse and saying "Be still and know"... and I have replied "how?"

I began to study the word "still" and what I found surprised and delighted me!  I can be still!  The hebrew for "still" is "rapha" which means : to let go, to release or to become weak, it is even used to mean the place of the dead (rephai'im)!

All I needed to do was to let go, surrender and release all my problems, fears and pain to the Lord, I could do that, all it required was action on my part and I am always better with action!  When we let go it is then that we will know that He is God!  When we lay it all at the foot of the cross then He will move on our behalf and we will see that He is God. While we are still trusting in ourselves, still trying to be the one in control of the situation, we cannot know His all consuming power! We need to die to ourselves and the idea that we can solve the turmoil that surrounds us, lay everything at the feet of Jesus and KNOW that He is God and He will be exalted among the nations and in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment