Thursday, September 20, 2012

This is my favourite scripture of all time!  Just the thought of the Father rejoicing over me is so amazing. I know that the Father loves me, that He cares about my well-being and forgives me again and again and again (actually AND AGAIN!), but the thought that He rejoices over me with gladness!  What really puts the icing on the cupcake is the meaning of the word rejoice!  I looked in my dictionary and rejoice is "to be glad or to take delight".  The Father takes delight in me! But... in Hebrew the word for rejoice is guwl - "to spin round (under the influence of any violent emotion)"!  This is no small emotion, no quiet delight or gentle feeling but a dancing, spinning, rejoicing, delighting, laughing, singing delight!!!  Absolute delight!!!  That's how much He loves me - with an ALL consuming love!  Singing a never ending song of rejoicing over my life!  Wow, I have to say that it surprises me that He would love me that much.  Does it surprise you that He loves you that much?  Because He does!

(I had to mention that this is one of Hannah's photographs taken this summer of a Pride of India tree (or Crepe Myrtle) and was just so beautiful that I had to use it for this scripture!)

No comments:

Post a Comment